Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

That lovely TA DAAA!!! moment

Its done

broach a serendipitous find

My juno cardigan (pattern The Princess Twinset Cardigan, designed by Susan Crawford)

Cast off and blocked

perhaps the blocking mats could be a little less educational!

Mattress stitched (very little making up required as I knitted the body all in one and the sleeves in the round, much in the same way as socks)


shoulder seams

and modeled

selfie

Now for something to go with it and that is where I paid a little visit to Unravel  and bought this fab alpaca, silk cashmere from The Natural Dye Studio, it will be a little short sleeved sweater

if only you could feel it too!

Unravel is our very own local yarn festival here on the Hampshire, Surrey borders.  For two and a half days the Farnham Maltings is packed out with eager fibre fanatics spending pounds by the minute.  And how exciting, I met the designer of my Juno (and the little sweater that will go underneath!)  Susan Crawford who as well as displaying some of her beautiful knitwear also showed a lovely new yarn range, specially produced for her vintage inspired patterns.

I know there are several similar events around the country (and I would love it if you posted links to your favourite local ones in the comments) but in case you are interested in coming next year (all done for 2014 sadly) here are some photographs to whet your appetite.


Vintage knitting ephemera

Spinning fibre jewels

felting  and the cutest dog

more from The Natural Dye Studio

AND - my stash enhancement...

BFL spinning fibre from John Arbon, sock yarn and so much more

xx

C






8 comments:

Jennifer Hays said...

It's fantastic, Catherine! I love the colors and it fits you beautifully. The green rose brooch looks perfect with it.

Gracie Saylor said...

The sweater is beautiful, Catherine! Thanks for letting us admire it and letting us enjoy some of your fiber festival.

Alli said...

Fab stash enhancement Catherine! Very happy to see some Soak and SweetGeorgia came home with you! ;) xx

Catherine said...

I can't do without soak now - If anyone has not used it I would recommend you try (great for undies that need hand washing too)

Anonymous said...

I hopped over to your blog from Dovegreyreader and I'm so glad to have found you. I want to say that the chairs from your parents' house have a real Charles Rennie mackintosh look to them.

Best Wishes, Erika

Catherine said...

Erika. I'm so glad you have found me, I hope you visit often (and that you get this message as blogger doesn't always give me a link to my commentators). Dove grey reader has a lovely blog doesn't she? A perfect combination of my three favourite things, sewing, knitting and reading!

Anonymous said...

I don't read more than a handful of blogs and yours has been added--how very nice of you to reply and yes, Dovegrey... is my favorite--we are both cat and dog people also.
Erika

Adaliza said...

Lovely to meet up in Alton, yesterday. I'm a great fan of NDS but struggling to find something I want to make with laceweight atm! Your knitting is beautiful - I'm feeling inspired to swap my hook for needles!