Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Back on track

Although I am still sewing up blankets from the BIG Knit and have my eye on a couple of gorgeous stash projects I have just got one or two other plans for the needles




Look! I even swatched.  I am hoping this will be a super quick little project, its Flow by Nora Gaughan although you probably won't be surprised to know that I'm modifying it a little.  My 'Flo' will be straight and boxy, sitting on my hips but not flowing over them (too much frillyness in this style for my size).  I also discovered from my swatch <<smug face>> that the tension I get with the Rowan Savannah is about 12% larger than the pattern so, as it is a very simple shape, I am just making it in a size smaller (a little bit of denial there too).


Do you see my pretty stitch marker?  Lots of plain knitting until I reach the armholes, ideal for Wimbledon watching.

I scored the yarn in the Liberty sale, at half price I had to have it.  And a second bundle in a different colour.


This is destined to be a short sleeved cardigan that I have designed myself.  So far I have made it up in Daphne's size (she is The Little Model's favourite doll)


When I make it for me I shall make the body slightly longer.  Cast on at one front edge, all garter stitch, short row yoke , button hole, cast off.  Should be easy!

But I must get back to the blankets - I'm enjoying them really.  And it seems I am not the only one in my town busy with knitted squares



xx

C

2 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Catherine,
Love the tones of your yarns. That is a cute little cardigan too. I love the lastest fashion these days with the knitted squares, what fun.
Cheers, Anita.

Annie Cholewa said...

What great sale bargains! And I'm sure your modifications will make your Flow just right for you. I think being able to adapt and adjust to suit our individual body shapes and our personal style is one of the best things about knitting :)