Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

at last! an FO

If you follow my blog regularly you are forgiven for wondering if I ever finish anything. So in case you do think this today I give you The Finished Object! My Waterlilly from the spring edition of Pompom Quarterly.




True this is the pretty top everyone was talking about in early spring and I'm a little late in coming to the party, but it took me a little while to make my mind up on what yarn to use. I first bought this yarn from the Natural Dye Studio when I was at unravel in March



And then I made the (unusual for me) decision to buy the correct yarn, Islington from Linda of Kettle Yarn when I visited her stand at WonderWool Wales

photograph copyright Kettle Yarn

And even then did not begin to knit the pretty top till September just as the weather got cooler



But in the end it took me only two weeks to knit, I learned a new technique, the Latvian braid (the corded row in cream below) and then the lace pattern was super easy to follow.


I'm delighted with it and as I like to layer up my clothes in winter (how often do we go from freezing outdoor temps to warm centrally heated rooms then feel the tiniest draft behind our necks?) it is going to be perfect.



I'm so glad I used the correct yarn, it is so drapery with a beautiful soft sheen and the colour is perfect for me. I used a scrap of Rowan pure silk DK for the braid which helps it to stand out from the 4ply Islington.



I have lots more on the needles but, you know the problem at this time of year? If I tell it will spoil several people's surprises. And then there's the question of what I shall make with the Natural Dye Studio green and purple mix...

xx

C


8 comments:

Quinn said...

That looks absolutely perfect! Congrats on the rapid finish - once you got started! ;)

debbie1608 said...

That is really pretty and I love the lacy top. Beautiful colour as well, it does look lovely yarn.

Jee said...

That is such a pretty top and it looks lovely on you.

Tricia said...

WOW that's a beautiful sweater! Not to mention my most favorite wool is BFL so it doesn't get any better. Coloring is fabulous as well - I just love it all.

Jennifer Hays said...

Oh, it's beautiful. I love the pattern in the upper part especially. It looks really good on you. Well done.

Annie Cholewa said...

Ooh, nicely done ... it looks fabulous!

Winwick Mum said...

What beautifully neat knitting - and a very lovely top too. I hope you get plenty of wear from it and hope you are able to layer under it rather than over it so that others can admire it too! xx

Mavivi tejiendo said...

Precioso!!!