Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

All good intentions

The virtual knit night began well (for everyone else).  Lots of WhatsApp chat, photos and not a little frogging. We were joined by others, temporary members of the Basingstoke knit and Natter WhatsApp group, including knit-like-you-mean-it (after all what else do you do when you are in Oxford about to defend your PhD thesis the next day but knit?) 

I loved joining in all the chat, seeing all the photos, and commiserating over the ripping out but I still had the first task in Operation-Finish-Up-Stuff-in-2018 to complete.  This task took a lot longer than I anticipated (more about it later in the week) so I did not actually was on till late on New Year's Day. 

But I had already carefully selected pattern and yarn so I was ready to forge ahead... right?



But by midnight I was well underway



And forged on until I had completely finished the stars on the outer cuff (the cuff is double, the inner part ribbed in a single colour.)  Then I had a long look and realised three things


  1. I had begun with the wrong colour!  I should have cast on in white, the yellow is for the star, the inner ribbed cuff and the tips of the thumbs and fingers
  2. Therefore I would not have enough of the yellow

AND

    3. I don't like the yellow now it's knitted up anyway



Nothing else for it but to ribbit - ribbit - ribbit and stash dive



Actually I think I like this green better in any case and by midnight last night I was back on course



xx

c

No comments: